Utah Jazz tribute turning heads
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Utah Jazz fans are fired up about Monday night’s home playoff game. The Jazz looking to get ahead in the series 3-1. Ricky Rubio’s stellar game isn’t the only thing fans are still talking about Monday. There’s a tribute that’s turning heads too.
“I just walk to the bus and I saw this and I took a snapchat because I thought it was awesome. It’s sweet,” said Aaron Fjeldsted. The sidewalk shrine was a welcome to surprise to the U of U lacrosse player when he first passed this area near 2nd E and 3rd S. “Everyone on the team is pumped about the Jazz right now we’re all watching the games and it’s sweet,” he said.
“I showed up to work Saturday morning over the weekend and there it was and it’s like what on earth is that? It’s this marvelous tribute to our Utah Jazz,” said Ken Sanders. In his neighboring bookstore’s 22 years at this space, Sanders says he’s never seen anything quite like this. But, he’s on board with what the shrine seems to be supporting, “I’m not a sports fan in general. I never have been, but how can you not like the Utah Jazz right now?!”
We’ve reached out on social media to see who put together the shrine. Some we heard thought it was a tad-bit creepy, a morbid memorial to a very much alive team.
While the creator remains a mystery, it’s making many fans–even the bandwagon ones– take note. “Go Jazz! I’m excited for Ricky Rubio to get another on Westbrook,” said Fjelsted.
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 8681)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 7040)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6841)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 4986)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3519)
- Utah woman accused of killing daughter was making plans to flee country, prosecutors say (pageviews: 2803)