Safe in 60: Protect Your Home With the 9 p.m. Routine
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – How many times have you accidentally left your garage door open overnight, your car unlocked in your driveway, or even discovered in the morning that you forgot to lock your front door?
There is a nightly routine you can do each night to lower your chances of vehicle thefts and home burglaries, and it takes less time than brushing your teeth.
It’s called the “9:00 p.m. Routine”, and it’s a few steps to take along with your nightly routine before you go to bed.
First, check your vehicles and make sure you’ve removed all valuables, that the doors are locked and your garage doors are secured.
Walk around your home and lock and secure all doors and windows.
Turn on your outside lights.
And report any suspicious activity.
Theft is a preventable crime of opportunity. These simple steps can prevent waking up to a nightmare.
Have you done your #9pmroutine? Criminals are always looking for an easy opportunity. Don’t be a victim. Remove valuables from your vehicles, lock your car doors, lock your house, and turn on your outside lights. pic.twitter.com/BwuxowZblk
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) July 31, 2018
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)