What is a Firewall? How You Can Protect Your Sensitive Computer Data Using Software or Hardware Firewalls
This article that asks what is a firewall is presented by Les Olson Company, Your Office Technology Partner. Get the expert technical support your business needs with Managed I.T. Services from Les Olson Company.
A firewall is a physical hardware component or a software component that allows an IT manager to protect the business from outside of the local network. Anything that is outside of the firewall online is a potential threat. A firewall makes it so those threats don’t get in or out.
On this episode of IT Security, KSL’s Casey Scott talks with Les Olson I.T. Company’s Jon Huston about how your company can get, install, and manage a firewall solution that works for you. Contact the Les Olson Company today to see how they can help you establish and maintain a great firewall to protect your data!
A Firewall is Your Best Data Protection
On a daily basis, your data is going to go in and out from your network. To and from your business. Data loss is something that can ruin a company. If you aren’t doing something to protect your data as it is sent and received, you could lose it all. a firewall protects all that data by helping to monitor and control your network.
Who Needs a Firewall?
Firewalls are really a good idea for anyone with a computer network. Hardware firewalls are probably the direction you want to go if you own a business. But what if you don’t have anything anyone wants? Well, what about your customer’s data? If you deal with anyone else for your business, protecting the customer’s date is as, if not more, important than protecting your own data. You have a responsibility to your customers to protect their data. Plus it may actually be a requirement for your business too.
Where Can I Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about how you can keep your businesses’ data safe using a firewall, visit Les Olson Company for more information.
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 91113)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 17630)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 9664)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 9526)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 8813)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7503)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 6355)