Investigators Make Arrests After 19 Reported Vehicle Burglaries In Eagle Mountain
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah – Deputies with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office arrested two people suspected of burglarizing several vehicles over the last week. Now, investigators are trying to track down guns stolen from vehicles.
Sergeant Spencer Cannon said there were 19 reports of vehicle burglaries in the city center area of Eagle Mountain, as well as in neighborhoods near Pony Express Parkway.
“In terms of clusters, you don’t get many more than that,” Cannon said.
One homeowner captured video of a possible suspect vehicle. Late Thursday, Cannon said, saw a similar vehicle along Pony Express Parkway and pulled it over. Cannon said the deputy saw drugs in the vehicle and began to search it, finding three credit cards that had been reported stolen from vehicles.
“They initially made some attempt to deny any involvement in it, but once we confronted them with the credit cards that we found, they kind of knew that their game was up,” Cannon said.
Investigators arrested Cody Jolley and John Walker for investigation of burglary of a vehicle, among other things.
Cannon said credit cards and cash were stolen, along with a handgun, shotgun, and rifle. He said the men told investigators they sold two of the guns to someone in Salt Lake County.
“The thing that really worries us is that they’re sold from one criminal to another criminal, who’s probably going to sell them to another criminal. That’s never good,” Cannon said. “There’s really only one legitimate reason why a criminal wants a gun and that’s to do something with it.”
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 13774)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12316)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8320)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7332)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7141)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5582)