Farmington Man Sells Dollhouse Made In Late Wife’s Honor, To Cover Medical Bills
FARMINGTON, Utah — It has been nearly 10 years since Larry Elkins embraced his wife. His beloved Linda died of a sudden heart attack in 2010. He said losing his sweetheart was the hardest trial he had ever endured.
“When you are in love with a special person that runs pretty deep,” Elkins said.
Before she passed away, Elkins said they had started to decorate a dollhouse as a way to pass the time.
“She said, ‘I retired, we need a hobby,’ and so that’s how this all started,” he said. “But when she died, I had to destroy that one. I became very depressed and really quite bitter.”
It took years, but Elkins finally decided to start working on another one as a way to honor his late wife. He has spent nearly 1,100 hours and $4,000 on the new home.
“This was a way that I probably could show I haven’t forgotten her,” he said. “It’s something I can do for her.”
Now, Elkins is the one in need. After four exploratory surgeries, he is headed to the Huntsman Cancer this month.
“They haven’t ruled out, but they haven’t really said about pancreatic, so we are checking that,” Elkins said.
Elkins is hoping to sell his beloved dollhouse to cover the cost of his medical bills. He just hopes it will go to a home full of love just like the one he has built for his sweetheart.
“I do think she’s happy that I thought enough of her to do it for her and that I haven’t forgotten her,” he said. “I don’t think she has forgotten me.”
Elkins posted an ad for the dollhouse on KSL Classifieds for $2,999. For more information, you can visit the listing here.
A gofundme has been set up to help cover medical bills.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 8681)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 7040)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6841)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 4986)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3519)
- Utah woman accused of killing daughter was making plans to flee country, prosecutors say (pageviews: 2803)