Safe in 60: Plan Ahead to Safely Navigate Spring Road Construction
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Spring’s nice weather doesn’t just bring beautiful flowers. It’s also the season of orange cones, road closures and detours.
Getting around during road construction can be frustrating. But if you do a little homework before you go, you can avoid some of those delays.
The Utah Department of Transportation has a very informative interactive website with information on current and future construction projects. They also have an app for your phone so you can check frequently and plan alternate routes on the go.
Salt Lake City also has an interactive website with updates on all construction projects you can check before you leave home.
If you do end up in a construction zone over the next few months, please slow down and pay close attention. Watch for workers on the road. They have a tough job and it can be very dangerous for them in traffic.
Leave a few minutes early so you have plenty of time to navigate unexpected detours. That extra patience will help keep everyone safe on the road.
And remember – it could be worse. We could still be driving in two feet of snow!
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 8681)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 7040)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6841)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 4986)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3519)
- Utah woman accused of killing daughter was making plans to flee country, prosecutors say (pageviews: 2803)