Wednesday’s Child: 15-Year-Old Jaxsen Loves Math, Hopes To Be Adopted
HOLLADAY, Utah – Right now there are hundreds of Utah children living in foster care, and many of them have been through a lot, which is why each Wednesday’s Child story focuses on talking to each child about their future – who they want to be and the families they want to be a part of.
Jaxsen, 15, says he wants to a teacher – a teacher who knows how to play golf. Thanks to Old Mill Golf Course in Holladay, Jaxsen got to try the sport for the very first time.
“I just keep telling myself not to give up and learn from my mistakes,” says Jaxsen during a private instruction.
Jaxsen is in sixth grade, he is a polite young man and full of creativity. He’s not shy when it comes to talking about living in foster care, but he says it does make him sad.
“I’m trying to get adopted right now,” he says.
Jaxsen has been adopted once before only to return to living in foster care.
“Rejection is a feeling that some people can’t understand but some can,” he says. “It makes you feel kind of
Jaxsen says he has had a difficult past but that he’s working on creating a better future for himself.
“People can be super nice to you when you give them the right attitude,” he says.
Jaxsen says he looks at his life in foster care as a journey. He says he’s happy with the family he’s living with at the moment with but would like to find a place to call home.
“I’ve learned a lot of things since I’ve been in foster care,” he says, “I’ve learned different languages. I can speak a little Spanish and a little Tongan.”
Jaxsen would do best in a home where he is the youngest child.
For more information about Jaxsen, contact Raise the Future at 801-265-0444 or go to raisethefuture.org.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19585)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7351)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3910)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 3896)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3711)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3500)
- World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead (pageviews: 3004)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 2940)
- Utah placed limits on police use of spy tech; Do they go far enough? (pageviews: 2592)