Mental Health Services To Expand in Rural Utah With $1 Million Grant
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Huntsman Mental Health Institute received a $1 million grant which will be used to expand mental health services in rural communities throughout Utah.
Cambia Health Solutions awarded the grant to the Huntsman Institute to address provider shortages in rural areas.
A news release said HMMI will review the overall need for mental health services in rural areas and then bring in professionals to the areas with the highest needs.
“This is an important lead gift from Cambia that will assist with the development of comprehensive, sustainable mental health and substance abuse services across the state,” said Mark Rapaport, M.D., CEO, Huntsman Mental Health Institute, and chair of the Department of Psychiatry. “With these additional resources, we can focus on building innovative programs to address provider shortages and reach communities with high needs.”
The grant from Cambia is part of a wider $11.5 million philanthropic donation to nonprofits in Utah as well as Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
“We’re honored to support Huntsman Mental Health Institute as they tackle the growing need for mental and behavioral health services across our communities,” said Peggy Maguire, Senior Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility at Cambia Health Solutions. “We believe our investment will help break down the stigma surrounding mental health, improve access to behavioral support services, support people in emotional distress and positively impact the overall health and wellbeing of the Utah communities we proudly serve.“
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31605)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31003)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11852)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 5865)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 4780)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 4432)
- Police searching for man missing from Millcreek area – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3951)
- Friday storm floods streets, homes around Utah (pageviews: 3079)
- Man arrested in hit-and-run that killed 11-year-old boy (pageviews: 2681)