21 Positive and Enlightening Quotes about Addiction | Stories, Personal Struggle, Wisdom, and Encouragement to Help You on Your Journey
This article featuring quotes about addiction is presented by Renaissance Ranch.
Recovery is an incredibly difficult but rewarding process, and finding inspiration isn’t always easy. But there will be days that feel great, then more that feel terrible. But you can overcome addiction by filling your life with positives and exploring other people’s experiences with it. Here are 21 quotes about addiction to help you or your loved one through the difficulty of recovery.
Quotes About Addiction Recovery
- “I think that power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey, Jr.
- “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “First, you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “Sometimes you can only find Heaven by slowly backing away from Hell.” – Carrie Fisher
Recovery Quotes with Personal Stories and Personal Struggle
- “I realized that I only had two choices: I was either going to die or I was going to live, and which one did I want to do? And then I said those words, ‘I’ll get help,’ or, ‘I need help. I’ll get help.’ And my life turned around. Ridiculous for a human being to take 16 years to say, ‘I need help.’” – Sir Elton John
- “My recovery from drug addiction is the single greatest accomplishment of my life… but it takes work — hard, painful work — but the help is there, in every town and career, drug/drink freed members of society, from every single walk and talk of life to help and guide.” – Jamie Lee Curtis
- “If it wasn’t for that rehab center, I probably wouldn’t have been here. In terms of recovery, it has been very important for me to be a part of a recovery community, to actively be around my people because they understand me. They get it.” – Macklemore
- “It is 10 years since I used drugs or alcohol and my life has improved immeasurably. I have a job, a house, a cat, good friendships, and, generally, a bright outlook… The price of this is constant vigilance because the disease of addiction is not rational.” – Russell Brand
- “I understood, through rehab, things about creating characters. I understood that creating whole people means knowing where we come from, how we can make a mistake, and how we overcome things to make ourselves stronger.” – Samuel L. Jackson
- “One of the hardest things was learning that I was worth recovery.” – Demi Lovato
Quotes to Give You Strength in Addiction Recovery
- “Sometimes, you’ve just got to give yourself what you wish someone else would give you.” – Dr. Phil
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” – Michael Jordan
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.” – John Wayne
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you have no strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Every worthy act is difficult. Ascent is always difficult. Descent is easy and often slippery.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wild
Where Can You or Someone You Love Find Help?
Addiction recovery is difficult. Renaissance Ranch offers free public Family Group education classes. Their programs include weekly education classes and therapy for the family, a 12-step family support program, and regular workshops. Addiction doesn’t just affect the addicted individual. It affects everyone that is close to them. That’s why Renaissance Ranch decided to include the family in the healing process by treating the entire family. Not just the addict. For more information, contact Renaissance Ranch.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19585)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7351)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3910)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 3896)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3711)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3500)
- World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead (pageviews: 3004)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 2940)
- Utah placed limits on police use of spy tech; Do they go far enough? (pageviews: 2592)