Thousands Of Utahns Qualify For ‘Zero-Dollar’ Health Care Policies
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Chances are you’ve had a heightened focus on your health care over the last year of the pandemic, and over 500,000 Utahns could get some much-needed help after the American Rescue Plan was signed into law last month.
Secretary Xavier Becerra with the Department of Health and Human Services had some pretty interesting information that might help you save some money on your medical premiums.
“Access to quality, affordable health care is essential – especially as we tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath,” Becerra said. “Since the beginning of this special enrollment period’s availability on healthcare.gov, more than 500,000 Americans have already signed up for coverage on healthcare.gov. Now, thanks to the American Rescue Plan, health care coverage is more affordable and millions of Americans are seeing their premiums reduced. At HHS, we are going to build on the Affordable Care Act and work tirelessly to ensure Americans have the chance to sign up for quality, affordable health care coverage that meets their needs.”
In fact, HHS data show that hundreds of thousands here in our state could get help through the healthcare.gov marketplace.
Nearly 250,000 Utahns qualify for zero dollar plans and that includes almost 100,000 with no insurance and another 176,000 who are currently signed up but need to look again.
Another option is the low-premium plan – 290,000 Utahns could save money with one of those plans.
Bottom line — if you’ve looked for coverage, it might be time to look again because the typical open enrollment period doesn’t apply thanks to the American Rescue Plan being signed into law last month.
You can search for coverage and apply until Aug. 15.
You can also call 1-800-318-2596.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 8038)
- 'The Training Table' announces return with food trucks, sauces and future restaurants (pageviews: 5792)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5320)
- Lori Vallow Daybell trial suspended due to new concerns about her competency - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4493)
- Person recovered at Arches National Park identified as Virginia woman (pageviews: 4104)
- Person recovered at Arches National Park identified as Virginia woman - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3511)