Wednesday’s Child: 12-Year-Old Danna Loves To Perform & Is Looking For Her Forever Home
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – When 12-year-old Danna isn’t creating a new TikTok, she’s usually out doing something active. When she met with KSL-TV she was trying boxing for the first time at Boxing is for Girls in Sugar House.
“Danna loves swimming, boxing, dancing, she loves to perform, loves to sing and do Tiktoks,” said Sarah Hubert, Danna’s DCFS caseworker.
Hubert has worked with Danna for about seven months, but Danna has lived in foster care since 2018. Speaking about her time moving from home to home is very difficult for the sixth grader.
“She’s told me multiple times, nobody wants me, I don’t belong anywhere, and that breaks my heart,” said Hubert.
While learning the basics of boxing with gym owner Eliza James, Danna talked about her love of Mexican food and her desire to live with a family that speaks Spanish.
“She wants a family that speaks English and Spanish and a family that will help her embrace her Latina culture,” said Hubert. “She really just needs a family that will give her the attention that she needs and who is going to be there for her.”
To read more about Danna visit her online profile with Raise the Future:
For more information, contact Raise the Future at 801-265-0444 or go to raisethefuture.org.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19585)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7351)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3910)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 3896)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3711)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3500)
- World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead (pageviews: 3004)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 2940)
- Utah placed limits on police use of spy tech; Do they go far enough? (pageviews: 2592)