Latter-day Saint Missionaries From Utah, Colorado Killed In Texas Car Crash
DENTON, Texas – Two missionaries serving in the Texas Forth Worth Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have died following a head-on crash in a Dallas/Fort Worth suburb.
Church officials said the crash occurred during a heavy rainstorm in Denton, Texas, which is about 41 miles north of Dallas.
The victims were identified as Elder Luke Masakazu Carter, 18, of Springville, Utah, and Elder Eli Jon Fowler, 20, of Pueblo West, Colorado.
Elder Carter began his missionary service in November while Elder Fowler started in January 2020.
“We express our love and deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Elder Carter and Elder Fowler and to the missionaries in the Texas Fort Worth Mission,” Church spokesman Sam Penrod said. “We pray that all will be uplifted by the Savior’s love and feel comfort during this difficult and trying time.”
The crash was under investigation. Church officials said both missionaries were wearing seat belts at the time of the crash and the driver of the other vehicle was taken to an area hospital.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)