Harmons Chef Debbie’s Pressure Cooker Ribs Recipe
SALT LAKE CITY — The weather is warming up and it’s the perfect time to grill and enjoy some barbecue. But if you don’t have all day to wait for everything to slow cook perfectly, a pressure cooker can work just as well.
Chef Debbie Iverson with Harmons joined us in the KSL TV Studios to show how to use a pressure cooker to make ribs.
Pressure Cooker Ribs
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 1/2 lb country-style ribs
- 8 oz chicken broth
- Hey Grill Hey Everything BBQ Sauce
In a bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, garlic and onion powder. Add ribs and coat thoroughly with rub.
Place round rack in pressure cooker pot insert. Add chicken broth and ribs. Secure lid, making sure the vent is closed. Press “High Pressure” button and set to 35 minutes.
When the cycle is complete, let naturally release for 10 minutes, then turn vent to quick release, being careful not to get burned from the steam.
Carefully remove ribs from the pressure cooker and set on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with barbecue sauce.
Broil on high until bubbly on one side, 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven, turn over, brush with barbecue sauce and broil again, 3-5 minutes.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19585)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7351)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3910)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 3896)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3711)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3500)
- World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead (pageviews: 3004)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 2940)
- Utah placed limits on police use of spy tech; Do they go far enough? (pageviews: 2592)