Interactive Map Shows Fireworks Restrictions In Salt Lake County
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – With increasing temperatures and a severe drought that is getting worse by the day, fire managers across the state are on edge.
Many communities already issued fireworks restrictions and as a result, Salt Lake County released an interactive map Wednesday to make it easier for residents to find out where those restrictions are in place.
Of the nearly 230 fires reported this year, humans caused all but eight of them, according to the Utah Interagency Fire Center.
A link to an interactive map of firework restricted areas in #SLCo is below. 90% of our state is in extreme drought this year, and we all need to be extra cautious during fire season. Please check your address to find out if you are in a prohibited area. https://t.co/sXMM9C6Y9C pic.twitter.com/lZnKjgoZPz
— Salt Lake County (@SLCoGov) June 2, 2021
Anyone in Salt Lake County can type in their address and find out if they are in a restricted area.
The map will highlight areas with fireworks restrictions in red.
The map will be updated throughout the summer because more communities will surely put restrictions in place.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 20813)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 8887)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8299)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 6196)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 4007)
- Search continues for Utah man shot at during police confrontation, abduction (pageviews: 2967)
- AMBER Alert canceled for 5-year-old boy abducted from American Fork (pageviews: 2685)
- 11-year-old killed, driver at large in West Valley City hit and run (pageviews: 2612)
- AMBER Alert issued for 5-year-old boy abducted from American Fork (pageviews: 2514)