Crews Respond To New Wildfire In Utah County
BENNION RIDGE, Utah — Crews have responded to a new wildfire located west of Soldier Summit in Utah County.
Fire officials said the Bennion Creek Fire has burned an estimated 350 acres and is 0% contained as of Saturday afternoon.
“The wildfire is burning in very remote, rugged terrain,” read part of a tweet from the Utah Fire Info.
“That terrain, coupled with current red flag conditions, is making containment efforts challenging,” read a Facebook post from the U.S. Forest Service-Manti-La Sal National Forest.
The fire was said to be burning in sage, mountain mahogany and pinyon juniper.
#BennionCreekFire is at approx. 350 acres, with 0% containment, burning through sagebrush, mountain mahogany and pinyon juniper. The wildfire is burning in very remote, rugged terrain. Red flag weather conditions are making containment efforts challenging. #usfsss
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 6, 2021
On Friday afternoon, about 100 Boy Scouts were safely evacuated from the Bennion Creek Campground, which is owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, according to Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
No other evacuations have been ordered.
The public has been asked to avoid the area while fire crews fight the flames.
Officials determined the fire started from natural causes.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6416)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 5928)
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 5464)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5292)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3331)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3089)