19-Year-Old Killed In South Jordan Drive-By Shooting
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — A 19-year-old man was killed in a drive-by shooting overnight in South Jordan, police said.
The incident occurred near 1450 West and 11400 South just before 2 a.m. Sunday.
Lt. Matt Pennington with the South Jordan Police Department said two groups got into an altercation at a house party in the area. As one group was leaving, he said someone fired roughly a dozen shots from a car.
A 19-year-old man was hit in the chest.
Pennington said the victim was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
“We’ve processed the scene and dealt with all of that,” said Pennington. “Our investigations team is still calling up on leads and trying to determine who our suspect may be, but no definitive ID on them at this point.”
Pennington said there was no active threat to the public.
The victim’s identity has not been released.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31605)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31003)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11852)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 5865)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 4780)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 4432)
- Police searching for man missing from Millcreek area – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3951)
- Friday storm floods streets, homes around Utah (pageviews: 3079)
- Man arrested in hit-and-run that killed 11-year-old boy (pageviews: 2681)