Second Suspect Arrested In Connection With Fatal South Jordan Drive-By Shooting
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Police said a second person has been arrested in connection to a drive-by shooting that killed a 19-year-old man on Sunday.
Anthony Rendon, 18, was arrested early Tuesday morning and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of aggravated murder and felony discharge of a firearm in the direction of a person, according to the South Jordan Police Department.
Police added they believe Rendon is the suspected shooter from the incident.
The victim was identified by authorities as Kelly Glaubensklee on Monday after officers arrested a juvenile in connection to the shooting.
Police said Glaubensklee was shot in the chest after he and another group of people got into a fight at a graduation party Sunday night.
“The fight was broken up and while leaving the scene the suspect(s) fired 13 rounds toward (Glaubensklee) and the group in front of the home, hitting (Glaubensklee) in the chest,” police said. “He was transported to the hospital where he later died of his injuries.”
SJPD Lt. Matt Pennington said detectives are still searching for two more suspects.
Anyone with information about the incident was asked to contact the South Jordan Police Department at 801-840-4000.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 20810)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 11581)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6392)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5630)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4383)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 3605)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3552)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3036)
- Family members remember Utah woman killed in Idaho crash (pageviews: 2929)