Dealership Employees Remodel Lehi American Legion
SALT LAKE CITY – Employees at Ken Garff Dealerships in American Fork are remodeling the Lehi American Legion.
It’s all part of the company’s “We’re ‘Hear’ for You” project, which was designed to buy local and give back to local community members, to help ease the burden of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The whole concept started back in April 2020.
The community projects are all volunteer-based work from Ken Garff employees.
Crews were inside the building Tuesday installing flooring, painting walls and reconfiguring the space where the American Legion has a lot of their meetings.
“They’re just glad we’re here,” said David Turga, general manager of the Ken Garff Porsche Audi Dealership. “Like, they’re not saying, ‘We want this and we need that.’ We kind of said, ‘Hey, what would you like us to paint? What things don’t you like about it?’ They mentioned the chair situation they had wasn’t good. They mentioned they don’t usually get a very big turnout for their meetings.”
The renovation project started Monday and is expected to be finished Wednesday afternoon.
They will have a special unveiling on July 6, and that is when they will have their first meeting back at the Lehi American Legion.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 23873)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7973)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6222)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5352)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3238)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3101)