Salt Lake Cinema Pub Reopens After Pandemic Closure
SALT LAKE CITY — The pandemic rocked several local businesses, and many of them still trying to get back to pre-pandemic sales.
Credits have rolled at Brewvies Cinema Pub for 23 years, but when Hollywood stopped producing movies due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the theater had no content for its customers.
But the Salt Lake City cinema pub was finally able to reopen its doors for the first time this year on Thursday.
Brewvies had been closed all of 2021.
“We all had to get other jobs,” shift manager “Gutz” told KSL TV. “People call me Gutz. Just one name. Those who come here …well, we’re like family. But I haven’t seen them in what seems like longer than a year.”
Brewvies tried to reopen in the fall of 2020.
“Because everyone was streaming movies from home, our business suffered,” Gutz said. “Then we closed the doors in December. No new movies to show was the nail in the coffin for us.”
During the closure, cinema managers worked on numerous projects: painting the walls, refurbishing the theater seats and building a new snack counter.
“We’re ready. We’re excited. It feels good to be back,” Gutz said.
Those attending the first movie of 2021, “F9: The Fast Saga” seemed happy to have a seat for the big screen.
“I have been coming to this theater for more than a decade,“ Chris Marcotte said. “During the pandemic, I missed this atmosphere. So I put my efforts into rebuilding my home bar and upgrading my home theater system in my basement.”
Not only will Brewvies be returning to show summer blockbusters, but the memorable events that have made the place as unique as its signature chili mayo fry sauce will be making a comeback as well. Front Row Film Roast, in which local comedians roast a classic movie from the seats is set to reappear, as well as Wednesday night’s Kung Fu Theatre.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13040)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 8803)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 4708)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4216)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4117)