HIGH 5: Utah Group Packs Thousands Of Bags To Feed Kids Through Summer Months
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — There are Utah children who won’t go hungry this summer thanks to some caring volunteers with USANA Kids Eat.
“We always have opportunities for volunteers. Community volunteers, corporate volunteers and there’s a lot of ways to get involved,” said Michelle Benedict, director of USANA Kids Eat.
The group is part of USANA’s nonprofit arm that aims to help children who may not be sure where their next meal is coming from.
Employees recently got together to pack 3,000 bags in one day to make sure children have food during the summer months.
These bags help them get through the weekend during the typical school year, so it really has an immediate impact on so many young people
“We do work all over the world, charity work all over the world feeding hungry kids, but our local program is USANA Kids Eat, and we serve lots of schools along the Wasatch Front, providing food bags on weekends,” Benedict said.
Just how many schools? Benedict said 73 local schools and clubs like the Boys and Girls clubs benefit from USANA Kids Eat, so we have to say a huge thank you and a high five to those great volunteers spending their own time helping out.
They love to get volunteers to pack bags, volunteer drivers, even sponsors where you can adopt a specific school.
They’re located at 2538 South and 3850 West in West Valley City, and you can get more information at USANAKidsEat.org
Keep in mind that pandemic restrictions changed the way they handle volunteer signups, but they can always use donations.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 23873)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7973)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6222)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5352)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3238)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3101)