Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ historic sites returning to normal operations
SALT LAKE CITY — All historic sites of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are returning to normal operations.
Church officials made the announcement Tuesday afternoon. Among the sites returning to normal operations are five in Utah: the Beehive House, in Salt Lake City; Cove Fort, in central Utah; and the Brigham Young Winter Home, St. George Tabernacle and Hamblin Home in southern Utah.
The Church also operates historic sites in New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Ohio, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and Wyoming.
In many parts of the world, the Church of Jesus Christ continues to lift COVID-19 restrictions. This now includes all Church historic sites, which are returning to normal operations. Visit the link for more information about each location.https://t.co/jElIPHwwXD
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) March 1, 2022
Among other Church functions that have begun or completed phases of reopening include Deseret Industry stores, which are open and patrons can make unscheduled donations; the Family History Library, which has expanded its days of operation; and Church distribution retail stores and Deseret Book locations, which are following local government and health official guidelines.
Youth camps, conferences and treks, and pageants remain postponed or closed to the public. The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square is gradually returning to its schedule of rehearsals and broadcasts with a COVID-19 protocol plan in place, but audiences are not invited to join them at this time.
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5545)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 5179)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5124)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidently falling from balcony (pageviews: 2655)
- Avalanche triggered at Snowbird resort, no injuries reported - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2246)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 2113)