New mobile COVID-19 testing sites open in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — With the summer travel season underway and a steady stream of people still testing positive for COVID-19, Nomi Health opened several mobile testing sites across Utah.
The healthcare company also opened a test-to-travel location.
The new mobile sites are free to anyone but Nomi is requesting proof of insurance.
However, the “Test to Travel” program will cost $179. Nomi said those results would be ready within 30 minutes.
Each site is providing tests on a first-come, first-served basis.
“Nomi Health’s COVID testing services are just one part of our offerings that’s evolving how we deliver care to patients,” said Sean Arroyo, Nomi Health Vice President of Operations. “As we’re seeing an increase in testing demand across the state, we truly believe care should be where you are when you need it and that’s what we’re delivering.”
Last week the Department of Health reported that the seven-day average for new cases was around 818. The week before the average was about 802 cases each day.
In February the Utah Department of Health announced multiple COVID-19 testing sites would be closing as steps were taken to transition to a long-term response to the pandemic.
The state continued to close sites for six straight weeks.
Then in April, the state stopped offering free travel and other state-sponsored testing.
Utah entered into a new phase of the pandemic in late March that the health department named the “steady state.”
The state health department said at the time that its response to COVID-19 would be similar to the seasonal flu.
Nomi Health said the testing sites opened more than a month ago.
The average wait time is 5 minutes or less to get tested and Nomi Health said results would be ready after about a nine-hour wait.
The sites do not require an appointment but Nomi suggested people register here for the quickest service.
Here is the list of the new COVID-19 testing locations.
- Sandy Library, 10100 Petunia Way Sandy UT 84092 (SE Corner), Mon-Sat, 9-6 pm (testing)
- Ogden Regional Medical Center, 5475 S 500 E Ogden UT 84405 (SW Parking Lot), Mon – Sat, 9-6pm (testing)
- West Valley City – Centennial Park, 5405 W 3100 S West Valley City UT 84119 (SW Parking lot), Mon-Fri, 9-6pm, Sat 11-7pm (testing), Th-Fri 9-6pm, Sat 11-7pm (vaccine)
- Provo Towne Centre Mall, 1200 Towne Centre Blvd. Provo UT 84601 (North parking Lot), Mon-Sat, 9-6pm (testing)
- SLC1 West Parking Lot, 777 N 5600 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84116, Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday, 12-7pm (PCR, Antigen, Rapid PCR and Rapid Molecular Travel Testing for “Test to Travel” program) NOTE: Rapid Molecular Travel Testing provided at this location for $179. Results in 30 minutes for travel needs.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 15042)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5829)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 4718)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3428)