Two dead, one extremely critical following three-car crash on US-6
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — Two people are dead and another is in extremely critical condition following a three-car crash at Soldier Summit.
The incident happened at milepost 211 on U.S. Highway 6 around 2:09 p.m. Friday.
SR 6 milepost 211 is closed in both directions due to a critical injury crash with multiple injuries.
Within the hour the lanes will begin to alternate to allow traffic to get by. As you drive through please use caution and watch for our Troopers investigating the scene. pic.twitter.com/3MQEDqBtqE
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) July 15, 2022
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said a Ford Explorer that was traveling westbound hydroplaned and crossed into eastbound traffic, colliding with a Toyota Sienna in a t-bone style crash. A third car — a Honda Accord — then struck the Toyota Sienna.
Troopers said a total of nine people were inside the three vehicles. Two have been pronounced dead, while another is in extremely critical condition.
U.S. 6 was closed for a few hours Friday while crews investigated.
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 91113)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 17630)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 9664)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 9526)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 8813)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7503)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 6355)