Is Utah’s original telephone restaurant ‘The Training Table’ returning?
SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah original restaurant chain might be returning after a cryptic website caught locals’ attention.
‘The Training Table’ was known for its unusual way of ordering food using a landline phone at their tables instead of a waiter at their tables.
The restaurant chain operated for about 39 years in 6 locations in the Salt Lake Valley until its closure in 2016 due to legal battles between the owners, according to Deseret News.
“As we fondly look back on our past 39 years, we could not begin to thank our customers enough for all of their support — from sharing countless warm messages, to telling us their favorite Training Table memories,” reads the last Facebook post from The Training Table.
However, locals started to notice that a new website using The Training Table’s 2016 logo hints at a possible return, saying, “Tasty things coming soon…” allowing visitors to enter their emails to “get notified.”
But, all Training Table social media accounts remain inactive with no new posts since its closure or earlier, leaving the website as the only announcement.
Hello lunch! pic.twitter.com/Thy9PFrNrl
— The Training Table (@TrainingTable77) October 10, 2014
KSL-TV attempted to contact the website owners to confirm the restaurant’s return but has not heard back. The original store owners have not made any statements on a possible return.
Earlier this year, Utah officials warned about phishing scams where fake websites gather emails to get personal information from victims, as this could be seen as one.
Is the Utah original coming back with its amazing cheese fries? Or is it a way for scammers to capitalize on nostalgia?
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 23873)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7973)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6222)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5352)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3238)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3101)