I-80 is open again after fiery crash near Great Saltair
SALT LAKE CITY — All lanes of Interstate 80 have reopened after a violent crash one person died in a violent crash Saturday night.
The fiery head-on collision happened near Great Saltair around 8:30 p.m.
The Utah Highway Patrol closed the westbound lanes.
One vehicle was traveling eastbound on I-80 when it crossed the median into the westbound lanes, rolled, then struck another vehicle head-on.
UHP said the collision caused one of the vehicles to burst into flames.
The driver of the eastbound vehicle died from their injuries, while the occupants of the westbound vehicle were evaluated on scene and then transported to local area hospitals.
UHP has not released the victim’s name.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 23873)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7973)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6222)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5352)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3238)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3101)