UHP reports four fatal crashes over Pioneer Day weekend
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol released its enforcement stats for Pioneer Day weekend, which included four fatal crashes and three wrong-way drivers.
According to UHP’s news release, they stopped 53% more drivers for traffic violations (4,225) compared to 2021.
During their holiday weekend enforcement, state troopers cited:
- 1,935 speeding tickets
- 236 seat belt violations
- 609 equipment issues
- 108 drivers speeding over 100 mph
- 24 were cited for reckless driving at speeds over 105 mph.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 23873)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7973)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6222)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5352)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3238)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3101)