Weber Fire District deploys crews to two states for wildfires
WEBER, Utah — Crews from the Weber Fire District left for Texas and Idaho Tuesday to help battle wildfires.
One crew left for the “Moose Fire” burning near Salmon, Idaho.
That 17,000-acre blaze lit up three weeks ago. It’s just 18 percent contained.
The Moose Fire began on July 17 and was human-caused.
Utah County and Layton City have also sent crews to help.
Another crew has been helping mop a fire near Beeville, Texas.
The Sarco Fire has been burning since August 7. It’s scorched 515 acres and it is 95 percent contained.
The Weber has been looking for hot spots and improving existing fire lines.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)