Crews fighting new lightning-sparked wildfire in Wasatch County
UPDATE: The Magpie Hill Fire is now 100% contained.
“All fire resources have been released,” read a Wednesday evening tweet from Utah Fire Info.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) August 11, 2022
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — The public has been asked to avoid the area while crews fight a new wildfire south of the town of Daniel.
The Magpie Hill Fire sparked around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
State fire officials have estimated the blaze — which is burning in oak and sagebrush — has burned 20 acres, as of 4:36 p.m.
New 🔥 Start: Located in Wasatch Co., south of the town of Daniel, the #MagpieHillFire is determined to be caused by lightning. The fire is estimated at 20 acres & burning in oak & sagebrush. Currently, there are no threats. Resources are on scene. #kmyffsl pic.twitter.com/zRCyhVtnHl
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) August 10, 2022
Mike Eriksson, area manager with Forestry, Fire, and State Lands, told KSL that no structures are being affected.
Lightning was determined to be the cause of the fire.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)