Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon
SALT LAKE CITY — The body of the murder suspect, Michael Grant Asman, 35, has been found in a state park in Oregon, authorities say.
Asman was declared a suspect in the murder of 36-year-old Julie Ann Burns in July.
According to the Heber City press release, Asman’s body was found Monday afternoon near Joseph, Oregon, on Hurricane Creek Road in Wallowa State Park.
Asman’s white Chevrolet pickup was found by a US Forest Service Ranger around 12:45 p.m. At that time, the US Forest Service Office contacted the Wallowa County Sheriff’s Office, where they found his body within 100 yards of the pickup with a gunshot to the head.
The medical examiner’s office will confirm the cause of death and the body’s identity, according to the release.
On July 14, Burns was found dead in her home with a gunshot wound. Police issued an arrest warrant for Asman shortly afterward.
According to the Heber City Police Department, the last time Asman was seen was at the Heber Maverik Store on the day of the murder, around 1:30 a.m.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)