No injuries after small plane crashes in West Jordan
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A small plane crashed at 8000 S. 4000 West near a soccer fields complex Wednesday afternoon.
According to Richard Bell, Deputy Chief for West Jordan Police Department, at approximately 3:05 p.m. witnesses saw the plane hit the ground. The two occupants were able to get out uninjured.
Bell said the plane had taken off from airport #2 in West Jordan but struggled to gain altitude and rapidly descended into the soccer field.
There was no fire when it landed, but the plane did sustain some damage.
The plane will be removed after an investigation.
“The two people are fortunate that it turned out the way it did,” Bell said.
Just in – a small plane incident happened this afternoon. No one was hurt. WJFD says a gust of wind forced this plane down in the soccer fields to the south of the South Valley Airport. (1/2) pic.twitter.com/eJBDmScRQE
— City of West Jordan (@CityWestJordan) September 7, 2022
- Arrest made in Logan Canyon crash that killed 3, injured 2 (pageviews: 20611)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 16514)
- Three dead, two injured in crash that closed US Hwy 89 (pageviews: 11889)
- Lagoon announces further delay of season opening (pageviews: 5833)
- Alta Ski Area passes 800 inches of snow for first time ever (pageviews: 3681)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 3679)