Layton Taco Bell employee arrested after coworker finds hidden camera in bathroom, police say
LAYTON, Utah — A 25-year-old man has been arrested after police say one of his female coworkers found a hidden camera in the bathroom.
According to a probable cause statement, officers with the Layton City Police Department responded to a Taco Bell restaurant near 900 N. Main Street on Wednesday after the woman found the recording device.
“A search of the device showed an adult male placing the recorder in the bathroom and showed his face,” police said.
Officers said the man was identified as Eulogio Cervantes, an employee at the Taco Bell.
According to the probable cause statement, police located Cervantes as he arrived at the restaurant for work and took him into custody.
After being read his Miranda rights, “(Cervantes) fully admitted to placing the camera in the women’s room to record women in a vulnerable state of undress.”
Police said Cervantes gave permission to preview his phone, and the interviewing officer located “several videos and images of adult women urinating.”
In the probable cause statement, the interviewing officer added that two prepubescent girls were recorded, and Cervantes “stated that he intentionally recorded knowing that children use the bathroom and knowing he that he would record children in a state of undress.”
The officer said he also located a video that was purposely saved on Cervantes’ phone showing one of the girls exposing herself.
Cervantes was booked into the Davis County Jail on a first-degree felony count of aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor, third-degree felony counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and voyeurism, along with five misdemeanor counts of voyeurism.
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 8681)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 7040)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6841)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 4986)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3519)
- Utah woman accused of killing daughter was making plans to flee country, prosecutors say (pageviews: 2803)