Victim identified in fatal shooting Saturday
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police released the name of the teenager killed in a shooting early Saturday.
Police said 17-year-old Bryan Galicia-Rodriguez was shot multiple times as he sat in his car.
The shooting happened near 500 South Post Street just before 1 a.m.
Galicia-Rodriguez died as an ambulance transported him to the hospital.
According to police, there was a passenger in the car with Galicia-Rodriguez. The passenger was not hurt.
The shooter got into a car and fled the scene.
Detectives are requesting people living along Post Street, 900 West and 1000 West between 400 South and 600 South to check any home or business surveillance video from 12:45 a.m. until 1 a.m. to see if there is footage of a car leaving the area at a high rate of speed.
Police are still asking anyone who has information on the shooting to call them. There have been no arrests.
The shooting may be gang-related, but police have not confirmed that yet.
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 8681)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 7040)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6841)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 4986)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3519)
- Utah woman accused of killing daughter was making plans to flee country, prosecutors say (pageviews: 2803)