Ridgeline High School students facing criminal charges after alleged hazing
CACHE COUNTY, Utah — Three teens may face charges of forcible sexual abuse following an incident on a Cache County School District school bus while returning from an out-of-county sports event on Aug. 19.
“Allegations had been made that at least one student had been assaulted in a ‘hazing’ type incident while on the bus,” stated a Wednesday afternoon press release from the Cache County Sheriff’s Office.
Cache County deputies said during their investigation, investigators determined that there were, in fact, multiple juvenile victims in this case.
“The investigation determined that there had been three juvenile suspects who had allegedly engaged in, or attempted to engage in, activity of a forcible sexual nature with several juvenile victims,” the release stated.
Investigators have requested that three of the juvenile suspects be charged with one count each of forcible sexual abuse and one count each of attempted forcible sexual abuse. Deputies said all those involved are juveniles, adding that any charges will be filed through the juvenile court system.
The incident is under review by the Cache County Attorney’s Office.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 13411)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 8537)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 5711)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3015)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2446)
- Police: Man breaks windows of 7 businesses, assaults 3 officers in burglary spree on Antelope Drive (pageviews: 2384)