Police: Man evades officers after engaging in family fight
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A man was arrested Thursday after he was involved in a family fight then evaded police and led them on a pursuit in St. George.
Officials with the St. George Police Department said officers were dispatched to a report of a family fight in the area of 1700 North and 2000 West at approximately 8:10 a.m.
When contacted by police, the subject — identified as Tyler Oliphant — took off on his bicycle.
“Information provided by those on scene suggested a weapon had been involved in the family fight. Because of that and other circumstances, police chose to pursue Tyler,” read a Thursday afternoon press release from the St. George Police Department.
Police said during the pursuit, Oliphant rode his bike through the parking lot of Snow Canyon High and Snow Canyon Middle schools.
“At no time did the suspect enter either school and both school resource officers were made aware and on scene,” the release stated.
Oliphant then moved onto the bike trail along Lava Flow Drive. Shortly after, he was apprehended at the corner of 2300 Santa Clara Drive and taken into police custody.
Emergency personnel arrived on scene, assessed Oliphant for injuries, and then transported him to St. George Regional Hospital.
After receiving medical clearance, he was booked into Purgatory for investigation of:
- school-trespass on grounds
- two charges of domestic violence – threat of violence
- one count of domestic violence in the presence of a child
- one charge of evading police
- one count of weapon possession by a dangerous person
- three additional warrants, including felony charges
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 13411)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 8537)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 5711)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3015)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2446)
- Police: Man breaks windows of 7 businesses, assaults 3 officers in burglary spree on Antelope Drive (pageviews: 2384)