UHP makes million dollar drug bust near Cedar City
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A Utah Highway Patrol trooper stopped a pickup truck on I-15 outside of Cedar City Friday and confiscated approximately one million dollars in methamphetamine.
The trooper arrested Kimberly Ann Woodcock, 44, for several drug and driving offenses.
The trooper had parked in the median of northbound I-15 when someone reported a pickup truck with a paper tag swerving in the lanes.
Court documents said that truck passed the trooper, “I watched the pickup swerve from the right lane over the center dashed line and then over to the right over the white fog line.”
The trooper pulled over the truck and introduced himself to the driver.
“I also observed that there was a radar detector and a mount for a camera suctioned-cupped in the middle of the windshield. While a talked to the driver I smelled the odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle, which I indicated to my dash camera with a thumbs up,” the document stated.
Woodcock told the trooper there was a small amount of marijuana and Xanax inside the truck. She did not have a medical marijuana card so the trooper searched the truck.
“During a search we located a significant amount of plastic bags of a white crystal substance in the toolbox of the truck,” the document stated. “At the UHP office, we discovered there was a total of one hundred and sixteen approximately one pound bags of methamphetamine for a total weight of approximately 116 pounds.”
Woodcock was placed under arrest.
The document stated, “The subject (Woodcock) was shown to have connections to Mexico and is a significant flight risk to the jurisdiction and United States.”
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 8681)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 7040)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6841)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 4986)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3519)
- Utah woman accused of killing daughter was making plans to flee country, prosecutors say (pageviews: 2803)