Ramp closed in Salt Lake City after semi carrying tar overturns
SALT LAKE CITY — One person was taken to the hospital Wednesday after a semi-truck hauling tar rolled in Salt Lake City.
The semi is said to be blocking the entire ramp from Interstate 80 to Interstate 215.
A semi crash with injuries that is blocking the ramp from eastbound I-80 to southbound I-215 on the West belt will have the ramp closed for about 2 hour while they clean up a load spill. pic.twitter.com/FyBe01SRmE
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) September 28, 2022
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said the ramp will be closed for a couple hours, adding that some of the tar leaked onto the roadway.
The health department has been notified, according to Roden.
One person was transported with non-life-threatening injuries.
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 8681)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 7040)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6841)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 4986)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3519)
- Utah woman accused of killing daughter was making plans to flee country, prosecutors say (pageviews: 2803)