Research from the 5B45 initiative showed the more words little children were exposed to, especially before they turn five-years-old, the better. Experts said reading not only builds their brains, but helps a child feel nurtured and loved.
For parents, the responsibility of helping their children learn can sometimes be overwhelming. One Utah couple is using an app to create a better learning environment for their young daughter.
Valentine's Day isn't just a day to share romantic love. Experts say everyone needs to feel loved, especially young, developing children. As part of the statewide 5B45 campaign, one Utah couple shares how they try to show individual love to their kids all year long.
Children’s brains grow the most before they start kindergarten. That's why KSL is introducing 5B45, a statewide early childhood development campaign designed to give parents the resources they need to prepare their kids for the future. As one Utah mom knows, it all starts at home.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 7999)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5251)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3626)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 2995)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 2727)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2027)
- Two Men Injured In Jet Ski Collision At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 1944)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1943)
- Cataract Canyon Without Lake Powell: A Monumental Legacy Of Dried Mud (pageviews: 1877)
Connect with KSL