Research from the 5B45 initiative showed the more words little children were exposed to, especially before they turn five-years-old, the better. Experts said reading not only builds their brains, but helps a child feel nurtured and loved.
For parents, the responsibility of helping their children learn can sometimes be overwhelming. One Utah couple is using an app to create a better learning environment for their young daughter.
Valentine's Day isn't just a day to share romantic love. Experts say everyone needs to feel loved, especially young, developing children. As part of the statewide 5B45 campaign, one Utah couple shares how they try to show individual love to their kids all year long.
Children’s brains grow the most before they start kindergarten. That's why KSL is introducing 5B45, a statewide early childhood development campaign designed to give parents the resources they need to prepare their kids for the future. As one Utah mom knows, it all starts at home.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen (pageviews: 27537)
- Man dead, teen flown to hospital in attempted killing and suicide (pageviews: 13659)
- Woman fatally shot in Pleasant Grove; police say her son is now in custody (pageviews: 13048)
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 10887)
- Springville High softball team honors teen shot in murder-suicide scenario (pageviews: 9383)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7827)
- 911 dispatcher who asked 'Why are you whispering?' during Buffalo shooting, to be fired (pageviews: 7599)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 6996)
- 3 people injured, 4 cars damaged after trip through car wash (pageviews: 6327)
- Woman found dead after apparent drowning in Ogden Canyon (pageviews: 6292)
Connect with KSL