Governor Spencer Cox called upon all Utahns to pray for rain, while water officials asked residents to turn off the sprinklers in order to combat the effects of the drought.
Several temperature records fell Friday as the Salt Lake City airport saw its earliest 100-degree day ever. Dozens of people attempted to beat the record heat by visiting an outdoor pool at Salt Lake County's Draper Recreation Center.
Plenty of Utahns have made plans to head for higher elevation and maybe a stream or lake this weekend as temperatures are expected to climb into the triple digits.
As temperatures rose into the 80s, the snow in the mountains baked in the sun and turned into slush. Those are not the favorite conditions for everyone, but some riders, including one Salt Lake City snowboarder, enjoy it almost as much as a powder day.
As Utah wrapped up another ski season, one Utah artist hoped to keep the snowpack on people’s minds long after winter passed.
Severe weather across central Florida is causing delays at some of the state's major airports as the storm threat continues to increase.
Plenty of Utahns could be seen outside on Easter Sunday, enjoying the warm weather and spending time with friends and loved ones. Many seemed cautiously optimistic that the long winter of isolation may soon be over.
2020 was a record year for the number of wildfires in Utah started by humans, and drought conditions in 2021 could mean it’s more important than ever to make a plan to protect your home from the fire threat.
Nashville has declared a state of emergency after flash flooding overnight Saturday killed at least four people in the area.
The National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center has issued a tornado watch until 10 p.m. ET for portions of Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee, just days after parts of the South were hit by tornadoes.
KSL 5 TV Live
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 20810)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 11581)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6392)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5630)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4383)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 3605)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3552)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3036)
- Family members remember Utah woman killed in Idaho crash (pageviews: 2929)
Connect with KSL