Governor Spencer Cox called upon all Utahns to pray for rain, while water officials asked residents to turn off the sprinklers in order to combat the effects of the drought.
Several temperature records fell Friday as the Salt Lake City airport saw its earliest 100-degree day ever. Dozens of people attempted to beat the record heat by visiting an outdoor pool at Salt Lake County's Draper Recreation Center.
Plenty of Utahns have made plans to head for higher elevation and maybe a stream or lake this weekend as temperatures are expected to climb into the triple digits.
As temperatures rose into the 80s, the snow in the mountains baked in the sun and turned into slush. Those are not the favorite conditions for everyone, but some riders, including one Salt Lake City snowboarder, enjoy it almost as much as a powder day.
As Utah wrapped up another ski season, one Utah artist hoped to keep the snowpack on people’s minds long after winter passed.
Severe weather across central Florida is causing delays at some of the state's major airports as the storm threat continues to increase.
Plenty of Utahns could be seen outside on Easter Sunday, enjoying the warm weather and spending time with friends and loved ones. Many seemed cautiously optimistic that the long winter of isolation may soon be over.
2020 was a record year for the number of wildfires in Utah started by humans, and drought conditions in 2021 could mean it’s more important than ever to make a plan to protect your home from the fire threat.
Nashville has declared a state of emergency after flash flooding overnight Saturday killed at least four people in the area.
The National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center has issued a tornado watch until 10 p.m. ET for portions of Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee, just days after parts of the South were hit by tornadoes.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 20813)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 8887)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8299)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 6196)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 4007)
- Search continues for Utah man shot at during police confrontation, abduction (pageviews: 2967)
- AMBER Alert canceled for 5-year-old boy abducted from American Fork (pageviews: 2685)
- 11-year-old killed, driver at large in West Valley City hit and run (pageviews: 2612)
- AMBER Alert issued for 5-year-old boy abducted from American Fork (pageviews: 2514)
Connect with KSL