Mike Anderson often doubles as his own photographer, shooting and editing most of his stories. He came to KSL in April 2011 after working for several years at KUTV.
The son of a retired newspaper editor and reporter, Mike grew up around news. He studied broadcast journalism at BYU Idaho, eventually graduating from Southern Utah University in 1999. From there, both he and his wife worked as reporters and anchors at KOTA, the ABC station in Rapid City, South Dakota.
Before bringing his family back to Utah, Mike spent several years in Florida, working for stations in Jacksonville and Orlando. While reporting at WOFL, the FOX affiliate in Orlando, Mike served as the station’s Space Reporter. He regularly covered shuttle and rocket launches at Kennedy Space Center, in Cape Canaveral.
Originally from Southern California, Mike now considers Utah home. His wife grew up in North Ogden, which means the two of them and their four kids enjoy having plenty of family nearby.
When he’s not reporting the news or spending time with family, Mike enjoys woodworking, and playing the guitar.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19585)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7351)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3910)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 3896)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3711)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3500)
- World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead (pageviews: 3004)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 2940)
- Utah placed limits on police use of spy tech; Do they go far enough? (pageviews: 2592)