Born and raised in northeastern Ohio, this is the third time Mike has called Utah home — and he’s here to stay! Mike co-anchors KSL 5 News with amazing talent. When away from the anchor desk, he is one of the KSL Investigators, reporting on in-depth and investigative stories.
Mike is a BYU grad, but is very open about the fact some of his best friends are Utes!
Over the years Mike’s career has taken him from the buckeye trees of Ohio, to the oil fields of west Texas, to the mile-high city of Denver, Colorado, but some of his best journalism has taken place right here in Utah.
Mike is a 55-time Emmy award winning anchor and journalist, and a 4-time recipient of the prestigious Edward R. Murrow award. He has also been recognized by the Society of Professional Journalists and Utah Broadcasters Association for his investigative reporting and writing.
He’s interviewed dozens of newsmakers and celebrities over the years, including “The Tonight Show” host Jimmy Fallon, bodybuilder/movie star/governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Hall of Fane rock legend Def Leppard, and for all you children of the 70’s and 80’s, Henry Winkler (The Fonz).
Outside of TV is where Mike does his most important work. He is a husband and father, where he and his wife Rachel spend as much time as possible with their four children. They’re a big sports/activities family, where Mike has coached his kids in basketball, football, baseball and soccer. He also understands his limitations, and has been supportive on the sidelines of dance, gymnastics, choir, band and ninja courses.
Mike also spends time serving in his church and speaking at different charities and business events.
When Mike does manage to find a little free time, he enjoys hitting the weight room, playing basketball, and cheering on The Ohio State University Buckeyes.. and of course his BYU Cougars. Go Cougs!
Facebook: Mike Headrick
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 34261)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12079)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 11257)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 9265)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 6498)
- Body found under overpass at 600 North (pageviews: 6478)
- Utah man creates company devoted to flywheel energy storage (pageviews: 5930)