UTAHNS WE’VE LOST
COVID-19 Survivor Remembers Father Who Died From The Virus
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A COVID-19 survivor is sharing an emotional and strong message after she lost her own father from the virus within the past few weeks.
Angie Hunter said before getting the virus, her father, George, was as strong and healthy as ever. She never realized when she entered the hospital that would be the last time she would see him in person.
Her father was taken in a matter of weeks after testing positive for COVID-19.
“There are so many things I want to tell my dad, and I can’t do that anymore,” Angie said.
George entered the hospital on Sep. 19. He died Oct. 19 at 90 years old due to the virus.
Angie said her ddad didn’t act or feel like a 90-year-old. Before he got the virus, he was still as outgoing as ever.
“My dad worked out every day,” Angie said. “He was very strong and very healthy.”
She ended up testing positive for the virus, as well.
“It knocked me out almost cold,” she said. “I had body aches, chills, congestion that I’ve never, ever experienced before. And I lost taste and smell.”
That’s why she’s speaking out during the health crisis as Utah has seen record number of cases and hospitalizations.
“We need to start taking these numbers serious,” she said. “These numbers are not a joke.”
“People, please wear your mask, social distance, we’ll get through this,” she added.
The last thing she wants is for someone else to suffer the loss of a loved one.
“I’m not going to have my dad for Thanksgiving or Christmas,” Angie said. “Hopefully we can save someone else’s dad or parent or grandparents.”
She said she still struggles from. loss of taste and smell, and she can’t seem to shake her fatigue.
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 34261)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12079)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 11257)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 9265)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 6498)
- Body found under overpass at 600 North (pageviews: 6478)
- Utah man creates company devoted to flywheel energy storage (pageviews: 5930)