SAFE IN 60
Safe In 60: Safeguard Your Purchases From Porch Pirates
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Thousands of packages are stolen each year by porch pirates. And unfortunately, that number skyrockets during the holiday season.
There are several things you can do to lower your chances of falling victim to a porch pirate.
Track your package closely, so you know when it will arrive.
If you won’t be home, try one of these options:
- Have it delivered to your work or the home of someone you trust.
- Have the item shipped to the local store for pickup.
- Have it held at the post office.
- For Amazon packages, use a Locker pickup.
You can also include delivery instructions, asking for the package to be tucked behind a planter or placed out of view.
And consider investing in a doorbell or surveillance camera. It may act as a deterrent and can also provide some suspect information to the police department.
If you do have a package stolen, or if you think you witness a package thief, write down as much information about the suspect as you can and call police.
- Arrest made in Logan Canyon crash that killed 3, injured 2 (pageviews: 20611)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 16514)
- Three dead, two injured in crash that closed US Hwy 89 (pageviews: 11889)
- Lagoon announces further delay of season opening (pageviews: 5833)
- Alta Ski Area passes 800 inches of snow for first time ever (pageviews: 3681)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 3679)