Safe In 60: Make A ‘9 p.m. Routine’ For Your House And Car
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Most auto thefts, vehicle break-ins and property crimes happen overnight. You can often prevent them by following a simple nightly routine.
This is a practice you can do every night that will take less time than brushing your teeth and could prevent you from waking to a nightmare.
It’s called the “9 p.m. Routine.” Police departments encourage taking these few simple steps added to your nightly routine before going to bed.
- Remove all valuables from vehicles
- Make sure vehicles are locked
- Lock and secure your house and garage (including windows)
- Turn on outside lights
- Report any suspicious activity
Develop a habit to take proactive steps nightly to combat would-be thieves looking for an easy target.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19585)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7351)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3910)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 3896)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3711)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3500)
- World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead (pageviews: 3004)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 2940)
- Utah placed limits on police use of spy tech; Do they go far enough? (pageviews: 2592)