Crews Respond To New Wildfire In Dixie National Forest
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A new wildfire has broken out on the Pine Valley Ranger District in the Dixie National Forest.
Fire officials said it was reported seven miles down the Blake Gubler Road shortly after 2 p.m. Saturday.
The Blake Gubler Fire has burned approximately 59 acres and was 80-90% contained as of 6 p.m. Sunday, according to a Facebook post from the U.S. Forest Service in Dixie National Forest.
Multiple agencies have responded to put out the flames.
Officials said the blaze was human-caused and no structures were being threatened.
It was later determined that the Blake Gubler Fire was caused by a UTV that caught fire and spread to the surrounding wildland, according to the U.S. Forest Service’s post.
Fire officials urged visitors to remember that the area is currently under Stage 1 fire restrictions.
Under those restrictions, the following acts are prohibited:
- Igniting, building, maintaining, or using a fire (including charcoal and briquettes) outside of a fire structure provided by the Forest Service within a designated area.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of any flammable material.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6416)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 5928)
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 5464)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5292)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3331)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3089)