Carbon County Wildfire Threatens Two Buildings
CARBON COUNTY, Utah — Air and ground resources are responding to a new wildfire near Price Canyon in Carbon County, which firefighters said is threatening at least two structures.
State fire officials said the Bear Fire, located off of Highway 6, has grown to more than 500 acres as of 8:01 p.m. Tuesday.
The blaze was originally estimated at 60 acres around 4:50 p.m.
In a tweet from Utah Fire Info, officials reminded the public to not stop along Highway 6 and take photos. They also reminded drivers to watch out for firefighters working in the area.
The #BearFire has grown to 500+ acres. 2 structures are threatened.
Do NOT stop along Hwy 6 near the fire area to take photos or watch suppression efforts, proceed with caution and be on the lookout for firefighters working along the travel corridor. #ffslkw pic.twitter.com/gAA68wOzfO
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 9, 2021
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Smoke from the fire could be seen in satellite images.
— US StormWatch (@US_Stormwatch) June 9, 2021
- Wyoming Coroner in Gabby Petito case determining cause of death (pageviews: 41226)
- Search Warrant sheds light on Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 24739)
- FBI execute search warrant at Laundrie residence relevant to Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 10333)
- Florida search for Gabby Petito's boyfriend suspended (pageviews: 9629)
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 9583)
- Frustrated by city inaction, residents contact KSL Investigators over Salt Lake’s RV Row (pageviews: 7555)
- Gabby Petito’s case highlights racial disparities in response to missing persons cases (pageviews: 6173)
- Police: Search for Laundrie concludes for the second day in wildlife reserve (pageviews: 4628)
- Human remains discovered ‘consistent’ with description of Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4239)