17 new temples announced during April 2022 General Conference
SALT LAKE CITY – The locations of 17 new temples were announced during the 192nd Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
President Russell M. Nelson made the announcement towards the end of the afternoon session on Sunday, April 3.
The new temples will be built at or near the following locations:
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
- Barcelona, Spain
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Cusco, Perú
- Maceió, Brazil
- Santos, Brazil
- San Luis Potosí, México
- Mexico City Benemérito, México
- Tampa, Florida
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Wichita, Kansas
- Austin, Texas
- Missoula, Montana
- Montpelier, Idaho
- Modesto, California
In his concluding remarks at the April 2022 #GeneralConference, President @NelsonRussellM announced plans to build 17 new temples throughout the world.https://t.co/DLT9ZsiFTJ pic.twitter.com/8UTZSxSnvN
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) April 3, 2022
Since becoming the leader of the Church in Jan. 2018, President Nelson has announced the construction of 100 additional temples.
He has now announced 100 new temples since 2018
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) April 3, 2022
Following Sunday’s announcement, the Church now has 282 temples announced, under construction or operating.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 13411)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 8537)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 5711)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3015)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2446)
- Police: Man breaks windows of 7 businesses, assaults 3 officers in burglary spree on Antelope Drive (pageviews: 2384)