Olympic Champion Eileen Gu will represent Salt Lake City for Olympic bid
SALT LAKE CITY – Olympic athlete Eilee Gu will serve as a global ambassador for Salt Lake City’s bid to host future Winter Olympic games.
In a press release from Salt Lake City-Utah Committee for the Games, Gu will help bring the 2030 or 2034 Winter Games to Utah.
“Our bid for 2030 or 2034 will focus on using our Games as a catalyst to energize winter sport worldwide,” said Fraser Bullock, president and CEO of the Salt Lake City-Utah Committee.
“Gu has been effectively aligned and engaged in this same vision. As a global ambassador, she can carry that message to millions worldwide,” Bullock continued.
Gu is an American born and chose to compete in the 2022 Beijing games as it’s her mother’s homeland of China.
In the Beijing games, she won two gold medals for the “big air” and “halfpipe” events and a sliver in the “slopestyle” category.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 13411)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 8537)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 5711)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3015)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2446)
- Police: Man breaks windows of 7 businesses, assaults 3 officers in burglary spree on Antelope Drive (pageviews: 2384)