Two wildfires spark in Tooele County and Cache County
SATURDAY – Utah Fire Info says that the Jacob City fire is now estimated at 2300-2500 at zero containment.
Evacuations are taking place in Middle Canyon.
Stockton police department is asking for residents to not water outside as they are dealing with a water shortage.
Utah Fire Info confirmed that the Sardine Canyon fire is 5% contained and 30 to 35 acres. Evacuation orders were lifted in that area.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 10, 2022
UTAH – Two wildfires started just minutes apart from each other, in opposite areas of Utah.
According to Utah Fire Info, the Jacob City fire near Stockton in Tooele County started around 3:14 p.m.
The fire is reported to be 100 acres large and threatening structures.
#JacobCityFire estimated 100 acres- running up both sides of Soldier Canyon. Multiple ground and air resources on scene. Homes near soldier canyon, avoid the area.
📸: Adrienne Pierce, Wasatch Helitack on helicopter 8PJ. pic.twitter.com/ZH48a4qR3F
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 9, 2022
The second fire is in Sardine Canyon near Logan, and is about 30 acres according to Utah Fire Info.
The fire is ongoing and is uncontained.
Utah Highway Patrol reports that a car started this blaze, and a few homes were evacuated.
— Shara Park ✨ (@KSLSharaPark) July 9, 2022
This story will be updated.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13040)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 8803)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 4708)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4216)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4117)