Fire crews battle fire on tribal lands, lighting caused
UPDATE: Fire officials say that the fire started around 7 a.m. Saturday.
The Boulder Ridge Fire is around 100 acres and 60% contained as of Sunday evening.
UPDATE: #BoulderRidgeFire morning briefing started at 7 a.m. Fire is estimated at 100 acres and 20 percent contained. Weather conditions are expected to be favorable today. Rain has already fallen this morning and more is forecast this afternoon. #blmgl pic.twitter.com/9pYFykYVpD
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) August 14, 2022
DUCHESNE COUNTY, Utah — First responders are fighting a wildfire on Saturday afternoon near Monarch Ridge and Brown’s Draw Reservoir.
According to Utah Fire Info, the Boulder Ridge Fire is about 25 acres and was caused by lighting. The fire is being pushed northeast because of the storm in the area.
Local and federal firefighters are on the scene as air support is helping contain the fire. No estimate on containment was given.
Utah Fire Info said they shut down oil and gas stations in the area to prevent more damage.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)